No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large owl made in India  (Read 3250 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Large owl made in India
« on: October 11, 2020, 03:36:23 PM »
For show, this huge silvered/marigolded(?) owl bought today with a label showing it was made in India.
I can't help be reminded about those vintage silvered Christmas baubles when I look at this ;)
Anne E.B

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Large owl made in India
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 11:18:12 PM »
he's lovely.

Just a question as curious to know - is he very heavy ? I have some huge silvered glass decorations (way too huge and heavy to hang on a tree - think individual hung ornaments for a restaurant type thing) bought about 12 years ago new from a shop in Glastonbury.  So perhaps he's from that era.  I remember there were a lot around at that point.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Re: Large owl made in India
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 07:25:46 PM »
He weighs 850g and stands about 8.5" high, so reasonably heavy.  I thought about putting him in the garden as a garden ornament.  Might keep the cats out ;), but I'm not too sure how it would react to any frost and it could get blown over and broken unless I put him in a sheltered spot.  I don't think he's new, so could date back some.
Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand