No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: T. Yamamoto ID = Hoya Crystal, Japan  (Read 54326 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: T. Yamamoto
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 07:57:11 PM »
Snapped this photograph today:

Signature here

John

Offline Andy

• Members
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 10:46:39 PM »
Well, fancy that, had these for years, never searched on here for them!
Poppy and Thistle  ;D
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline canadadan

• Members
    • Selim's Antiques
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 05:26:33 PM »
New member here, searching for these plates brough me here. I am an antique dealer in Winnipeg, Canada.

Thanks for the great information, that letter was especially helpful.

I just acquired the full set on a call yesterday. I have to agree that they are molded... no signs of hand work.
I'm a dealer... but I'm no expert... be gentle ;)

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 01:27:55 AM »
Hey Canadadan, welcome to the board. I'm also from Canada (Calgary, to be precise). Love those plates (particularly the thistle one)!

Do you hit the travelling antiques shows (Blue Mountain, etc.)

Carolyn

Offline canadadan

• Members
    • Selim's Antiques
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 02:52:44 AM »
Hey Canadadan, welcome to the board. I'm also from Canada (Calgary, to be precise). Love those plates (particularly the thistle one)!

Carolyn

We did all the Blue Mountain shows... but when John folded the show my father and I decided it was time to stop travelling. I'm the new owner of Selim's Antiques in Winnipeg. No expert on anything, still climbing a steep learning curve.
I'm a dealer... but I'm no expert... be gentle ;)

Offline Andy

• Members
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 09:37:23 AM »
welcome to the board.
Look forward to seeing more of your glass in the future.
 ;D
Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 05:55:22 PM »

Carolyn

We did all the Blue Mountain shows... but when John folded the show my father and I decided it was time to stop travelling. I'm the new owner of Selim's Antiques in Winnipeg. No expert on anything, still climbing a steep learning curve.

Yes, the Blue Mountains are missed. Unfortunately I have yet to hit Winnipeg but hope you have good luck with the store.

Carolyn

Offline Naeight

• Members
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 04:16:33 AM »
Not sure what happened to my last post, If I have double posted I apologise.

I recently procured one of these Hoya Pansy Plates from my brother, who didn't care much for it, though I liked it! I have included links to pics of it as I have it in its original box, with product info card, card display stand with red velvety card to display it on. The sticker on the plate reads "Crystal, HOYA, Japan" though you cant make it out in the poor quality photo, it is the same image as the makers mark on the product card outlined in red in the second link.

There are so many of these plates that it would be unreasonable to believe that he engraved all of them. Also the plate I have even though it looks brand new with no scratches or chips, has a slight imperfection in the base of the plate where the edge looks a bit 'wavy.' If I were to spend that much effort engraving I would make sure the plate I engraved was perfect.

Also on the side of the box there is printed "CDS911" with the letter K stamped next to it. I assume this would be the series (flowers) followed by the style (pansy) but that is just an guess.

Can't say much about the artist I'm afraid, except that his beautiful work speaks for itself, I love this plate and will be sad to see it sold.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/neight_2006/HoyaCrystalPlatePansy.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g157/neight_2006/HoyaCrystalPlateBooklet.jpg

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 10:44:03 PM »
Just as a good bit of info, there is a very nice Carnation one on eBay at the moment:
Do have a look...it still has its label and it is a charity shop listing so others benefit as well. :rah:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
Re: T. Yamamoto ID = Hoya Crystal, Japan
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 02:35:08 AM »
Hi all,  Thought I'd share this one too.  I am not sure if this would be classed as a Daffodil design, especially when looking at Johns plate.   My plate measures 29cm dia., 2.2cm in height. This plate is also signed by T. Yamamoto and weighs approx. 410g.  If pressed glass, surely would they all not be the same size?  I am only asking because I have noticed a variation in sizes on other sites.   I have tried to find this pattern floral design but not having much luck.  If they refer to the months of the year could anyone tell me which month mine would fall into?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand