No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: archer w/dog vase intaglio/etched/engraved? all three?  (Read 2994 times)

Offline azelismia

• Members
    • The Gilded Curio; a personal collection
Re: archer w/dog vase intaglio/etched/engraved? all three?
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 06:01:32 AM »
I am going to do a website of my collection adn decided that before I Did that I was going to have to figure out how to take good pics. Yeah, we'd already figured the backdrop wasn't going to work. I have another black cloth that's in the dryer now that I am going to try again wtih later. I'll get those other pics tomorrow :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline azelismia

• Members
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 07:17:52 AM »
So I finally got the passau museum books, in Band 2 there is a goblet that reminds me stylistically of this vase every time I look at it. it's on page 133.  from glass engraver josef haberl.

Thoughts?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline krsilber

• Members
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 08:05:29 AM »
Lucky you!  I wish I had those books.  It would be much appreciated if you could you email me a photo/scan of the page (krsilber at hotmail dot com).  Does it say anything about Josef Haberl - who he worked for or with?  What's the date of the goblet?
Kristi

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

- Albert Einstein

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline azelismia

• Members
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 08:49:18 AM »
It will probably be a little while before I can do a scan, I am having upgrade issues with my printer due to win7. the goblet in here is 1845. Which is a bit earlier in date than I'd been thinking but who knows?

This thread has been going on for months now though so a little wait won't hurt :)

My German is very sketchy but it looks like ti says he produced up until 1866 and died one year later. I can't tell if there are any glass works mentioned for sure. it looks like he was located in new Vienna.

it is a great set of books. I  need to brush up on my german. If I go to germany i'll be able to talk about glass but I won't be able to order dinner that well ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand