No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Signature N Orr '68 fox engraved goblet = Norman Orr Edinburgh crystal blank  (Read 17505 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Signature N Orr '68 fox engraved goblet = Italian BLANK?
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 11:11:35 PM »
Too bluddy busy to think but...

http://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=313&Itemid=51
http://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55&Itemid=35

Recently added drawings... now isn't that fox familiar  :hiclp:

Hope D is getting his emails and can update the site  :thup:

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 08:55:11 AM »
Shiona adds "Looks very much like an Orr, and I think it's engraved on an Edinburgh crystal blank."

I had already found a close match on the blank, see above, so perhaps a change in the title - Scottish blank  :thup:

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 09:06:25 AM »
Cool!  I wondered if I'd ever find out who made this.  It's been sitting on my kitchen shelves with a Stephen Rickard engraved goblet for years now.   :)

I'll add photos later and a close up of the signature.  ...thanks to Shiona too.  xx

I am not a man

Offline Invertiel

• Members
Hi,
   this glass is definately by Norman Orr.... I have just purchased 5 of his watercolors and the style is unmistakeable.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
How interesting Invertiel!   :D  I am sure that many people would like to see those watercolours.  Is there any chance you could attach them to another post so that we could see them?  Please contact me at:       maxeen   AT  aol.com   if you have any problems.   :)
I am not a man

Offline ORR1967

• Members
Hi There,

This definitely looks like a Norman Orr engraving. I am his daughter in law. Can you please contact me regarding the engraving?

Offline Glass832

• Members
I have a Norman Orr glass engraving which I am thinking of putting to auction. It is Pegasus engraved on a glass orb and dates from 1991, possibly one of the last pieces Norman did. I have had this from new and it has never been displayed or seen in public. I shall try to post photos if you like.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Hi,

We would be grateful if we could have pictures of the piece for the Scotland's Glass web-site, larger images than can be posted here please. You can e-mail using the envelope icon next to this post.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand