Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Signature N Orr '68 fox engraved goblet = Norman Orr Edinburgh crystal blank

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ivo:
The items in the Torsten Brohan collection are by definition early avantgarde works from the 1920s and 1930s - but she spent the rest of her life engraving glass in her own workshop in Stuttgart (until 1977). Unlikely that she would have kept up the avantgarde themes, but she would have maintained the impeccable engraving quality, and quite probable that she would have succumbed to the local taste. So it is quite possible that the piece from 1968 is, in fact, by Nora O. It has an amazing quality...

Max:
Frank, I haven't seen your fisherman vase.  That sounds like it could be Scandi subject..is it?  Please post it, I'd love to have a look.  Ill try and take a better photo tomorrow that's bigger for you to see.  :D

Ivo...thanks, that's what I'm hoping.  :D  I've never had a piece of engraving this good before (it was going to be a present for my mad Mum...but I'm keeping it now.. :D )  

I might see if I can ask another known glass engraver if he can help...  :?

Just realised to my chagrin that I've misread the signature.   I'm sorry to have wasted peoples time.   :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

It actually seems to read ' N Orr '68 '  ...I see Ivo's book has a C. Orr, but he doesn't seem to be a glass engraver anyway.

I've Googled and Googled and have had no replies to my emails to engravers yet.   :(

Does N Orr ring any bells?   :roll:

Frank:
Norrt with me.

Will get round to snapping the fisherman one day, it is engraved by Alasdair Gordon while at Strathearn.

Sklounion:
Max,
Please, an image of the signature?
Regards,
Marcus

Max:
Marcus - Here's a photo of the signature - I've left it really big, I hope you can see it ok.

It's a terrible signature, it looks like a child's done it.   :roll:

http://tinypic.com/dcvt4k.jpg

...looking forward to seeing your engraved fisherman one day Frank.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version