Author Topic: 1800, eh?  (Read 868 times)

Offline glasstrufflehunter

• Members
    • My Yahoo 360 page & Paperweight Blog
1800, eh?
« on: October 17, 2008, 08:15:23 AM »
I do wonder where these folks are finding their expert info. This one prolly got theirs from the same person who told them it was a pontil weight.
I collect Scottish and Italian paperweights and anything else that strikes my fancy.

My Paperweight Blog

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
Re: 1800, eh?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 07:29:52 PM »
Well, you can always send him a best offer, and he hasnt set an autodecline level so it can be as low as you like :)

Offline glasstrufflehunter

• Members
    • My Yahoo 360 page & Paperweight Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 09:16:35 PM »
He says he dug it out of an 1800s dump site. I wonder if he has the Brooklyn Bridge for sale too.
I collect Scottish and Italian paperweights and anything else that strikes my fancy.

My Paperweight Blog

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 09:20:03 PM »
And yet another set of Paul Ysart's tools  ;D
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 09:22:43 AM »
I don't know how these guys can get their facts so wrong. Anybody who knows anything about these things would know straight away that it is a rare sunflower paperweight by van Gogh! :)
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 09:43:14 AM »
Actually, the colours give the game away... they are clearly the regimental colours for the LXIVth Octavius Legion, perhaps this was unearthed in excavations at Pompeii - which would explain its superb condition.
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand