No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ysart bottle  (Read 1238 times)

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
Ysart bottle
« on: October 20, 2008, 04:59:17 PM »

Hi All

What do you reckon to this bottle? Vasart?

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Ysart bottle
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »
Yes, Vasart (until such time as we get any good info that Salvador Ysart made bottles in that style pre-war). I have already given the seller the basic info about that one (which I believe is a relist from a prior listing a whle ago) and the one that they sold very recently. I said they were not by Paul Ysart.

I have also suggested that, for info on Ysart-looking items they might consider dropping in to the GMB as well as looking at my web page on bottles of that style to check out features that indicate Ysart work and that of later, as yet unknown maker, items.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline MHJ02

• Members
Re: Ysart bottle
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 11:41:42 AM »
This is the 4th time this bottle has been advertised for sale on Ebay.   The seller has reduced the price, but with the flee bites out of the stopper, the price still seems a bit on the high side.   I collect "Ysart" ink bottles and I put in an offer the first time it appeared which was rejected.   

Like you Kev I bought the other perfect ink bottle recently on Ebay (same price as you paid for yours) - it does seem as though the price for these items has fallen through the floorboards.   Who would have thought you'd get one of these bottles for £235.00 - it wasn't so long ago you'd have had to paid £400 upwards!!!!!

Regards
Mary

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand