No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Do you know who designed this red glass bowl?  (Read 1824 times)

Offline sueglass

• Members
Do you know who designed this red glass bowl?
« on: October 26, 2008, 06:44:21 PM »
Hi all, I want to sell this and would appreciate some help as to what year it is and if possible who made it, thanks in advance. Say a thread before with these on but now can't find it. Sue

Moderator:  Subject amended to make it more descriptive

Offline Missc

• Members
Re: Do you know who designed this
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 02:18:54 AM »
It looks like it is a 60's or early 70's piece. I don't think it is cenedese or flavio poli because it seems too fluid and from what I understand about them is that theirs are cut with straighter edges. However, you never really know. Maybe someone else has an idea. It could be generic but it's a really pretty piece. i like the heart shape of it.  Sorry I can't be of more help.
Lisa

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 10:45:21 AM »
I don't think it is cenedese or flavio poli because it seems too fluid and from what I understand about them is that theirs are cut with straighter edges.

I don't know who made it either but I don't think the bold bit in the quote above is necessarily true

Offline Missc

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 01:09:11 AM »
There is a thread about Flavio Poli that is interesting. You could check it out. The reason I said what I did about the fluidity was expressed more in this quote from that thread, "the Poli pieces have extremely clean, pure lines and very architectural forms." If you look at the vases, they are more "fluid" so that wasn't the right word. Anyway, see what you think and check out the thread. It may lead you to some more answers.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,7628.msg64400.html#msg64400

It's still a pretty piece!
Lisa

Offline Missc

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 06:26:37 PM »
Check out this link and see what you think. Could yours be a Barbini?
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/murano-glass/ilist/,id=0,page=2.html
Lisa

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 10:04:04 PM »
The trouble with this kinds of item imho, is that is a generic form/style made by many glass makers in Italy.  I don't think it is neccessarily attributable to any of them, although it is a very lovely piece of glass.
 :)

I am not a man

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
Re: Do you know who designed this red glass bowl?
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 04:19:51 PM »
I think it should be considered as "generic murano glass". I don't think that an exact attribution is possible. IMHO obviously.

Sincerely

Alex
www.artofvenice.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand