No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: green glass fish, seen similar sold as seguso  (Read 1376 times)

Offline silver

• Members
green glass fish, seen similar sold as seguso
« on: October 27, 2008, 11:50:31 PM »
My mother bought this fish for her mother some 30 or forty years ago, either from Debenhams or the Ilse of Wight depending which day you ask her (although she did also visited Venice around that time..)

I'd never seen a similar one till today when i had one of my periodic bursts of internet research and found thishttp://www.golden-era-antiques.co.uk/G2008a.jpg, Item G2008 on this page http://www.golden-era-antiques.co.uk/artglass.htm

Could anybody conclusively(or at least approximately) confim/deny golden-era.co's appraisal of their fish.
My personal take is that my fish isnt executed with enough skill to be from one of the true masters.

There is no sticker or signature. The green has a very fine irridescence to it, possibly gold.

Anyhow, I love my fish, be it chain store tat or venetian art (or even both!) I'm merely curious about it's provenance and would love another to make a pair(the photo is by the mirror :-) ). It's just quite difficult to find if you don't know what you're asking for!

Thanks in advance for your help. Thank you to those who run this sight, i've had a very informative and enlightening couple of hours looking through it.

Paul Silver

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: green glass fish, seen similar sold as seguso
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:54:20 AM »
Welcome to the board. I would say he was probably Italian and Murano, but perhaps not Seguso. He could have been bought in Debenhams or Venice. Can we have a picture against a white background please

Offline silver

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 11:27:53 AM »
Hi, thanks for the welcome and the prompt reply.

Here's a few more pics against a white background, as requested.

Has anyone seen any other examples of this style of fish?

Paul Silver

Offline silver

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 05:08:15 PM »
I bought another, days after saying i've not seen others.
I'm happy.
Unfortunately i still want more of this style..........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand