No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Caithness 'White Heather'  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Leni

• Members
Caithness 'White Heather'
« on: May 10, 2007, 12:44:48 PM »
I've just obtained a Caithness weight entitled 'White Heather', which the book tells me is a Willy Manson design from 1987.  It's a BIG heavy weight, with a very high dome.  http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10048/Caithness_White_Heather.jpg

Now, I'm wondering just why only 93 were made, when 500 were planned?  Did it turn out to be too difficult to make?  Were there too many 'seconds' as a result?  Was it too expensive to produce?  Did it just not sell well enough?  Does anyone know?  (Or should I just email Allan and ask him?  :D ;) )
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline ALLAN

• Members
Re: Caithness 'White Heather'
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 06:57:20 PM »
It could be that it just didn't sell well,I will try and find out but there is not many of us left at Caithness from that era now to ask :).

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
Re: Caithness 'White Heather'
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 07:50:50 PM »
Thanks, Allan :)  I notice from the book that several of the limited edition weights at that time were closed at less than their intended number.  Perhaps it was just a 'bad patch', for whatever reason  :-\  I'd love to know, if you can find out. 

And I must say that your remark about how there are not many of you left from that era makes me very sad  :(
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand