No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vetro Artistico Veneziano  (Read 14385 times)

Offline David555

• Members
Vetro Artistico Veneziano
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006, 03:22:34 PM »
Hi Charles

Thanks for that picture - that is the first time I have seen the label on a non multi coloured / foil / avventurina vessel.

Very interesting and is more evidence of the label being an exporter as Chuggy suggests - your item shows they did export more subtle wares from Murano.

Thanks

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 07:27:34 PM »
Just bought a vase in White opalescent, which looks like an Aureliano Toso piece, but has the same labe we are discussing... I'll post a pic as soon as I can.
Maybe the reason we are seeing all these, "generic" bowls/vases, for a lack of a better word, is that the companies Avem, Toso, etc. (like Paul mentioned above) used this other company to sell their end of day pieces? I really havent seen any piece, be it figure, vase or bowl, with a distint "master blower" imprint in it. They all seem to be "end of day" pieces.
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline Pat

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 08:23:02 PM »
I just bought an 'end of day' piece like the green one at the start of this thread but slightly bigger with this same label on it.
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006, 09:07:49 PM »
I unearthed one of very similar construction in my own collection with the same label ...

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 08:00:44 AM »
Here's the vase I was talking about earlier...

It has the same label underneath.
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand