No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Scandinavian or Murano? That is the question!  (Read 1817 times)

Offline zidori

• Members
Scandinavian or Murano? That is the question!
« on: September 06, 2005, 09:17:19 PM »
My initial thoughts were for Riihimaki but were vases like these also made by Murano? I would appreciate some help in sorting this one out.

Thanks
Ronnie

http://tinypic.com/dfiq76.jpg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline David555

• Members
Scandinavian or Murano? That is the question!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 12:18:43 AM »
HI

The colour and the casing & the ultra thick clear glass base make me think this is Scandinavian - I think it is lovely and subtle - I love the two hoops near the bottom - reminds me of Bo Borgstrom for Aseda Sweden, but I get tingles of Afors and other Swedish makers as well - I don't think it is  Riihimaen Lasi Oy - I am sure it's not Italian I have a big bit of architectural hooped blue Italian glass but it is not cased like other bits of hooped Scandinavian like Italian glass I have - this is just my opinion

Adam D555 :twisted:
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand