No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: KAJ FRANCK BOWL  (Read 1675 times)

Offline wesley

• Members
KAJ FRANCK BOWL
« on: December 02, 2008, 08:47:35 PM »
Hello,

I hope I am not breaking the rules by asking about a piece of ceramic but is by the renowned glass maker Kaj Franck.

I do not know much about Scandinavian ceramic (yet!) but this piece came with piece of 50's glass I bought. The piece on the base reads 'Factory visit, Arabia Finland and what looks like F H IJ (which I am assuming could be F KAJ). Measuring 2 ¾  inches across and 1 ½  inches it has a transparent pattern design.

In my research I think I have found a similar design in the late 1940's but no mention of the ‘factory tour’. Could it be this old? Or is it a modern tourist piece?

Any information would be greatly appreciated?

Kind regards,

Wes

Offline Martyn K

• Members
Re: KAJ FRANCK BOWL
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 09:05:04 PM »
Friedl Holzer-Kjellberg "rice" bowl

Offline wesley

• Members
Re: KAJ FRANCK BOWL
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:20:09 PM »
Excellent, thank you for the information.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand