No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Dewdrop? - ID = Hazel Atlas Teardrop  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
Re: Is this Dewdrop?
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 11:33:03 PM »
Thanks Kristi. It's tragic, really-all these rather attractive pressed glass pieces from Crown Crystal turn out to have been copied from elsewhere. They copied Hermanova Hut extensively in the 1930s - I didn't realise just how much until I started going through Marcus' extraordinary catalogues.

(Marcus  :fwr: :-*)

Offline Doris104

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 08:05:19 PM »
Thanks everyone for all your help with this piece :ghug:.  Can you tell me how you search on the site where you found this piece?  I have tried and all I get to come up is a picture of one item and no others.  Maybe there is only one of the items I am searching for on there.  Or maybe I just don't know enough about glass yet   :-[ to do an intelligant search on that site.
Thanks for your help,
Doris

For pictures of my items visit:

http://s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo70/doris104/?start=0

Offline krsilber

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 08:31:40 PM »
There is only one image of Hazel-Atlas Teardrop in the gallery I found it in, if that's what you mean. 

You probably tried it, but just so you know, the search engine accepts Boolean search parameters, though it gets confused if the strings are too complicated.
Kristi

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

- Albert Einstein

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand