No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pitcher ID?  (Read 2685 times)

Offline midnitestreasures

• Members
Pitcher ID?
« on: September 08, 2005, 11:35:45 AM »
I found a glass pitcher on top of my cabinets when I moved into my new home and was wondeing if anyone could help me identify it. I could find no markings on it.  The pitcher is a gold color. Thanks!

http://tinypic.com/dh77m9.jpg

http://tinypic.com/dhbepl.jpg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
Pitcher ID?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 09:59:45 PM »
Hi midnite, I did a quick ebay search of for Anchor Hocking and Hazel Atlas and came up empty. I really feel this is from the late 60s early 70s. Hopefully someone who knows more about that era will chime in. Terry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Connie

Pitcher ID?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 10:52:02 PM »
Darn, Terry I was counting on you to recognize it  :lol:   It seems familiar but I can't put a name to it right now.  But my first impression was Anchor Hocking or Federal.  I will do some snooping  :wink:

Midnite - did you check the bottom for any marks?  Like an "F' in a shield or and anchor or anything??

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline midnitestreasures

• Members
Pitcher ID?
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 09:31:01 PM »
Quote from: "glasswizard"
Hi midnite, I did a quick ebay search of for Anchor Hocking and Hazel Atlas and came up empty. I really feel this is from the late 60s early 70s. Hopefully someone who knows more about that era will chime in. Terry

Hi Terry! When I read this I searched through Replacements, ltd. and could not find it under Anchor Hocking or Hazel Atlas either. Have looked on several different web sites, everyway I could think.

Quote from: "grayhorse"
Midnite - did you check the bottom for any marks?  Like an "F' in a shield or and anchor or anything??

Hello Connie!
There are no markings at all on the pitcher. I tried looking up by the pattern description also.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand