No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Signature help please! Large Neodymium Figure - ID Andrea Tagliapietra  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Sue C

• Members
This signature is on the base of a huge freeform statue, but i just canr make it out, any help most appreciated.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Help with signature please!!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 08:24:37 PM »
Thanks TC. 

I'm pretty certain this is Italian, so I'm moving this to the Murano forum.  I think perhaps Alex of ArtofVenice (I think that's his correct GMB name, without checking) might be able to help as this looks like pretty new production he might be familiar with.

PS: Sue, I'm amending your title for more possible viewings  :)

I am not a man

Offline Sue C

• Members
Re: Signature help please! Large Neodymium Figure
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 08:30:40 PM »
Thanks Max,
Tony as always you are a star, i knew i had seen something like this before and it was driving me nuts, and now seeing the name and reading the sig, i think it is the same  :-*
Oh, and when i take a photo of him (the statue!) he looks pink, in daylight he looks lilac and at night he if blue  ;)

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
Re: Signature help please! Large Neodymium Figure
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 09:01:48 AM »
Hi,
I think that it was made by Andrea Tagliapietra (or by somebody of his team). He works with Alessandrite glass very often, also if now his main production is Calcedonia glass. The signature is horrible, but this is not a very important detail, due to their signature policy is not sticht at all. The signature style depends due to quantity of wine they have in their blood...  ;D
Anyway I see a similar calligraphy.
Also the son, Fabio, works with the same style of glassworks and the calligraphy is similar too. So he is a possibility, but the final "touch" says the father Andrea.
I can't tell you that I'm sure at 100%, but at 90% this is the right guy.

Sincerely

Alex
www.artofvenice.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Signature help please! Large Neodymium Figure - ID Andrea Tagliapietra
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 10:11:15 AM »
Alex, thank you for your confirmation of TC's thoughts - and Happy New Year to you too.   :kissy: :)

I am not a man

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Signature help please! Large Neodymium Figure - ID Andrea Tagliapietra
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 04:06:03 AM »
Gee - I like the artists' first name.....lol   ;D  Nice find Sue C
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand