No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skruf Lars Hellsten  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Sita

• Members
Skruf Lars Hellsten
« on: September 03, 2006, 11:39:21 AM »
Hi, could somebody tell me anything more about this Lars Hellsten vase? Is it a so-called 'Owl' vase? Any information would be helpfull.

Thanks,
Sita

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/glassita/detail?.dir=/4046scd&.dnm=4297scd.jpg&.src=ph

Moderator: Link fixed and subsequent link attempts deleted.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
Skruf Lars Hellsten
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 03:38:44 PM »
Skruf Glass Works is located in the Kingdom of Crystal. The two most famous of their glass designers are Bengt Edenfalk and Lars Hellsten who worked here from 1964 to 1972. He then moved on to Orrefors Crystal Group. The group of artists include Ingegard RĂ¥men who is very successful today at Orrefors.

His training was in ceramics and he has brought a unique style to glass design at Skrufs and Orrefors. The owl vase is just one of the interesting vases for production and his unique glass sculptures. He has created many unique glass sculptures at Orrefors using cast glass techniques.

I am partial to this glass works as I am now a designer for the firm.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Sita

• Members
Skruf Lars Hellsten
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 09:25:10 PM »
Bill, thank you for all the information!

Kind regards,
Sita

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand