No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Green Charger/Lid? - ID = Czechoslovakian, Carl Stölzle und Sohne, Hermanshütte  (Read 8906 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: (Unusual) Green Charger / Lid? Uranium or not?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2008, 09:18:11 AM »
OK Cathy, you are exonerated!!
(*Tuition glass = glass you buy because you want to learn something, not because you actually want them...Alternatively, the junk glass you buy out of compulsion, just to teach you to be more choosy in the future.)
[/color]
I have been there Cathy, I keep going back, and have cupboards full of the stuff.......mostly compulion driven with very little 'Tuition', and certainly not much choosiness!!

Thanks for the info about the Rose Bowl.....now, since I 'happened upon' the GMB, I really am getting some proper 'Tuition'!

Sorry to hear of the death of your camera.......bereavement is always hard, and my heart goes out to you. The trouble is, you will buy a far more sophisticated replacement, and then you will have to get familiar with a whole lot of new buttons and gadgets that it comes with, and you will end up hankering after your old first Box Brownie!!!!!
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Jay

• Members
    • http://www.hogelandshoeve.be
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2008, 12:17:11 PM »
Holland is so full of them we can't give them away!
Han and I call them 'fish pattern' for shorthand and had always been pretty sure that they are from Sklo.
There really isn't any other factory which could have produced so much of this stuff and sold it in Holland.
It appears in piles with Baroque pattern and Teplitz and you could by most items for 2 euros. Amber and clear are both common, other colours just occassionally.
In our collection we also have the cheese dish and cover in amber.
Dutch and Flemish 20th Century Factory Glass

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 03:05:25 AM »
 :hiclp: Wonderful, Jay! What's the best auction house to use to buy from Holland?

Offline Jay

• Members
    • http://www.hogelandshoeve.be
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 05:10:13 AM »
All Dutch sales go via Marktplaats.nl
As for 'real' auctions...

well, at these prices there are only market stalls interested, not Christies! LOL

Let me know if you need a hand!
Dutch and Flemish 20th Century Factory Glass

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »
Interesting piece...
http://www.black-poppy.co.uk/mc/unknown/decoladyhead1.jpg
http://www.black-poppy.co.uk/mc/unknown/decoladyhead4.jpg

It seems to be the same pattern, i presume the head fits on top of the other bit?
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2008, 10:42:48 PM »
WoW Tigerchips!!! What is it, and where do I get one, and if I get one, what do I do with it???? :o
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline krsilber

• Members
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 01:20:49 AM »
What a cool pattern!  The head thingy looks like a smoking set to me.  A cigarette holder plus ashtray.  Or?
Kristi

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2008, 10:36:59 AM »
WoW Tigerchips!!! What is it, and where do I get one, and if I get one, what do I do with it???? :o

You'll get one from black poppy if they want to sell it, or, if it hasn't already been sold.
http://www.black-poppy.co.uk/

What a cool pattern!  The head thingy looks like a smoking set to me.  A cigarette holder plus ashtray.  Or?

Not sure, I'll give them an email...
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand