No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium decanter with blue ball stopper  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Uranium decanter with blue ball stopper
« on: December 20, 2008, 02:45:24 PM »

This decanter glows - a lot!  Looks like it's mould-blown and measures 11" high.  The contrasting blue ball-stopper is pretty funky too.  I wonder if this can be nailed down to a particular designer?  :huh:

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-11186

Thanks!
I am not a man

Offline Missc

• Members
Re: Uranium decanter with blue ball stopper
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 10:05:52 PM »
I actually spent a lot of time (a couple of hours) yesterday seeing if I could find anything out for you on this on the Internet (no books, novice). I couldn't come up with anything at all. The only thing I could possibly suggest is that this might be Scandanavian/Danish Modern, or Modern (USA) School. I looked all through all kinds of archives for things and nothing Italian seemed to come up. But that is just my 2 cents for all it is worth (1/2 a cent?).

Offline Missc

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »
I don't know if this is any help at all but take a look at this one (scroll down to see the turquoise bottle) and maybe it will lead you to an answer? Opalina Florentina of Italy perhaps???

http://www.thepriceguide.com.au/listing_page.cfm?pageno=218&publicationkey=3

Shot in the dark but I thought I would let you know what I found when I was messing around on the Internet on my day off.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 07:39:43 PM »
I'm sorry, I didn't see you'd replied earlier too!  I'm on AOL and I often miss replies as they often mark themselves 'read' for some reason.   ::)  Thanks for looking for this decanter for me on your Internet travels, it all helps!  I don't think it's Opalina Florentina though, and the fact it's uranium glass makes it that bit more unusual.  It's so funky and modernist looking.  I've just about given up on this one to be honest!  Thanks again.   :kissy:

I am not a man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand