No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Venini???  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Missc

• Members
Re: Is this Venini???
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »
Thanks so much Anita. I FINALLY found the place where I had seen a bowl with a similar style but it has more filigree. It is attributed to Aureliano Toso by Dino Martens. There are two on the site (see pics). Here's the link:
http://www.20thcenturyglass.com/glass_encyclopedia/murano_glass/aurelianotoso_glass/aurelianotosoglass_home.htm

JohnPhillip, I will have to consider only Euros (nudge, nudge). Just kidding. Hope you aren't getting pounded with bad weather like we are over here. We want a white Christmas but sheesh.

TXSilver, thanks. If I can develop an eye, that will be worth it! I have only one more bid on a piece and then I am done. I really went nuts and spent way too much money (that I don't have). I made a bid on a Seguso Viro piece and didn't expect to get it and I did! So I just paid for that (gulp). It was $65 and is my only Italian Plate (a TRIBU piece). I just learned about them in the last week or so and found out that they are limiting their pieces to 101. Then I bumped into another site (can't remember( where they are doing that too now. I think that is a really good idea (limiting pieces).

When I was looking online at their website, I about fell over at the prices. YOW. Then I hit Swank Lighting and read about that magical miracle of theirs. Holy cow. They have such gorgeous pieces but at $1800+, they are way, way out of my league!
Lisa

Mod: Hi Lisa! Just so that you know, we've had to delete the photos as the copyright belongs to the website owner. People can see them by following the link.

Offline Missc

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 02:26:58 PM »
Hi, sent messages to everyone I bought from to get permission for using the photos. thanks!

Offline Missc

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 05:00:29 PM »
Hi, got permission to use the photos as my own. Thanks.
Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand