No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Here's another mystery...  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Missc

• Members
Here's another mystery...
« on: December 22, 2008, 12:10:31 AM »
Ok, here is another piece that has me baffled. It is large and very heavy. At the time, I was just learning abour Cordonato (and still know very little). When I saw this, I thought that the leaves looked like Cordonato leaves so I bid on it and got it. That's pretty much how it goes with me. Like it? Bid. It surprised me when it came (how big it is). What do you think? I love the simplicity mixed with the formal. Again, whatever the picture name says, it means nothing other than a guess on my part. In this case, it's just "leaf"! Also, Happy Holidays to everyone for a safe and prosperous New Year.

Offline shandiane78

• Members
Re: Here's another mystery...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 01:39:21 AM »
That is nice. It has a Seguso look to me.
Shannon

Offline Missc

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 06:18:38 AM »
I am leaning more towards Seguso myself. Saw another much more elegant piece on Javier's site (www.svazzo.com) He REALLY has an eye. I just adore his site (as well as trocadero.com). I see so many amazing things on these sites!

http://www.trocadero.com/svazzo/items/796539/item796539store.html#item

Mine is much too plain. So I am thinking just a generic piece in the Seguso style. If anyone can id., let me know.
Lisa

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 05:07:18 PM »
Quite a lot of Seguso is fairly plain that is the beauty of it .

Offline Missc

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »
I seem to be attracted to a couple of completely different styles. I like Barbini but I have Seguso and I am pretty sure I have more than a couple of Fratelli Toso. I am sure about one because there is a a remnant of a label (the blue one) on it. But again, I have to really verify things. I have some starry night pieces (I think those are mainly Fratelli Toso pieces) that I want to get looked at. I also have questions about the techniques that were used in some glass. The only reason I am on so much these past few days is because I am off school (thankfully). So I want to get as much done as I can!  :)

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 09:09:58 AM »
Hi Lisa,

The copyright of the images you've posted belongs to the seller - we can tell they're from eBay. Would it be possible for you to go back and ask the seller's permission to repost the photos? Without that, we will be obliged under the terms of the board to delete them.

I hope you don't feel we're picking on you! If you need any help taking original photos, just let us know.

Meanwhile I hope you're enjoying using the board! All the best, and Merry Christmas!

Offline Missc

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 01:38:44 PM »
yeah, will do today. thanks for letting me know.

Offline Missc

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 02:28:09 PM »
Sent e-mails today about the pics. Will let you know. So far, have received yes on three. Will let you know about this set.

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 01:24:17 PM »
Hi Lisa,

:thup: Thanks enormously!

Offline Missc

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 04:42:40 PM »
Yes, have permission to use the photos as my own.
Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand