Author Topic: Glass Collection Unknown?  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
Glass Collection Unknown?
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 11:49:37 PM »
Frank, the scottish green one looks like a Caithness shape and the twisting on it can also be found on Caithness.

The little mottled one looks a bit like that pinky Caithness stuff (only, it isn't pink)

The scottish purple one looks like a fella with a big kilt (my lame excuse).

The tall pink one looks like that pinky caithness stuff that I see all the time.

And that big blue one looks similar to a one that i saw on your Strathearn site, Frank.

I already knew about that dolphin one Ray, thanks anyway. The two opaque one's looked a lot like the Palette or Carnaby range by Holmgaard which is why i bought them. That reminds me, i used to have an inny/outty one like this only mine was yellow.
Image deleted due to copyright (sigh)

It's a shame that I sold it before I had the internet because i'm certian I would've gotten a better price for it.

Anne, the green Holmgaard style bowl has been on the Is It Whitefriars website twice so it is fairly common and probably new. I guess it is just too light in weight to be anything special.

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 02:38:54 AM »
Somewhere, packed away in one of a million unindexed boxes in the garage I have a Michael Bang flowerpot, which is labelled, boxed, and I suspect not very old. It reminds me a bit of the opaque white piece you have, but like Max I definitely couldn't say for certain!

Cathy

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 09:43:07 AM »
I wonder if the Opaque vase is a candle holder? There is enough room to stick a large candle inside at the thinnest point. The clear one that i saw had glass pebbles inside.

Oh, it appears that i have made a big whoopsie with that scottish purple one.

I knew there was a reason why i thought it was scottish. Simply because it has a great big Caithness circular stamp on the bottom. Doh  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Sorry, i comlpetely forgot about that mark being there.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com