No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Collection Unknown?  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Glass Collection Unknown?
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 11:49:37 PM »
Frank, the scottish green one looks like a Caithness shape and the twisting on it can also be found on Caithness.

The little mottled one looks a bit like that pinky Caithness stuff (only, it isn't pink)

The scottish purple one looks like a fella with a big kilt (my lame excuse).

The tall pink one looks like that pinky caithness stuff that I see all the time.

And that big blue one looks similar to a one that i saw on your Strathearn site, Frank.

I already knew about that dolphin one Ray, thanks anyway. The two opaque one's looked a lot like the Palette or Carnaby range by Holmgaard which is why i bought them. That reminds me, i used to have an inny/outty one like this only mine was yellow.
Image deleted due to copyright (sigh)

It's a shame that I sold it before I had the internet because i'm certian I would've gotten a better price for it.

Anne, the green Holmgaard style bowl has been on the Is It Whitefriars website twice so it is fairly common and probably new. I guess it is just too light in weight to be anything special.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 02:38:54 AM »
Somewhere, packed away in one of a million unindexed boxes in the garage I have a Michael Bang flowerpot, which is labelled, boxed, and I suspect not very old. It reminds me a bit of the opaque white piece you have, but like Max I definitely couldn't say for certain!

Cathy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 09:43:07 AM »
I wonder if the Opaque vase is a candle holder? There is enough room to stick a large candle inside at the thinnest point. The clear one that i saw had glass pebbles inside.

Oh, it appears that i have made a big whoopsie with that scottish purple one.

I knew there was a reason why i thought it was scottish. Simply because it has a great big Caithness circular stamp on the bottom. Doh  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Sorry, i comlpetely forgot about that mark being there.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand