No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Source for Kosta designer codes  (Read 1513 times)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Source for Kosta designer codes
« on: January 02, 2009, 05:34:12 AM »
Can anyone suggest a source for information on Kosta designer codes? Ivo's book is good for modern designers, but I'm looking for something about designers from the 50's and 60's. Pina has a couple but not much more. There's a fair bit on Lindstrand  but that's all.  Thanks for any help you can give.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
Re: Source for Kosta designer codes
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 04:32:29 PM »
Hi:

The only resource I know of about Kosta designers is their publication "Kosta 250" which lists the glass masters from the beginning, Glass Cutters, Company names, Artists Affiliated to Kosta 1895 to 1991 and a complete list of resources.

The artists full names are given but no codes.

Bill Geary

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Source for Kosta designer codes
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 01:45:53 AM »
Bill:

Thanks very much for the reference, which I hadn't noticed before. (I see it's in your bibliography, but I assumed it was a current catalogue, like the one for 1986.) The cheapest copy I could find was $125.  Do you think it would it be money well spent?

Any ideas why the codes for Boda have never been published? Is it because Boda's reputation is focussed on Lindstrand?

The book has been added to my list, just behind Swedish Glass Factories, if I ever see a copy at a reasonable price.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand