Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Paperweights

More etched info that I can't solve.

(1/1)

westred:
Yea, me again,

I have one more very nice and different PW that I purchased at a thrift store, but cannot figure out
who made it or where it came from.  All the info is on the bottom of the PW, as shown in the photos.
I looks like it came from a specific studio, as it says, but I can't make out which one or the signature.
Maybe someone can help me, who either has one like it or is more experienced with this.

When I place this PW on a light pedestal, it almost makes a holographic image in the top half of it!
It looks like an angel or a body, for sure.  It is very interesting!  Not sure if they intended this or not,
but in the middle of the fountain like array, there is almost a mirror like inset.  What ever the case,
it is one of my favorite PW's for the effect displayed when placed on a running light pedestal.  And
I only had to give $14 for it.

westred

glasstrufflehunter:
Could in be a Vine's Studio piece?

Some artists must be related to doctors with the way they write.  ;D

Derek:
Hi there

The script signature appears to be two words the second being "studio".

I dont think it can be Vines Studio (Roger Vines) as their PW's were signed with three words - "Vines Art Glass"

Best regards

Derek

glasstrufflehunter:
I got out my Vines paperweight. The writing is completely different.

Mine is signed MSH ash Vines 89. I don't know if he incorporated Mount St Helen's ash in all of his weights but he did in mine.

Lily of the Valley:
My first thought was that this weight has an Eickholt look to it (iridescent, opalescent), however, the signature doesn't even remotely look like Eickholt. ::)  Then I thought Milropa but am not sure if egg-shaped weights are in their repertoire.

Lily

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version