Author Topic: Art Deco ice-men frosted glass bowl and frog with gnomes  (Read 2163 times)

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
Re: Art Deco ice-men frosted glass bowl and frog with gnomes
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »
Hi Pamela,thanks so much for the pictures they are gorgeous! The scalloped frog thats on top of the gnomes frog may have solved a bit of a mystery for myself and a fellow collector! I will email them and ask permission to upload a picture of the 3 piece set they have in amber(have a feeling the scalloped frog goes on top of the central insert thay have). Watch this space!  Ps glad the "Dorothy" senario was cleared up! I have a very cutting and witty sense of humour-hence why most of my friends have been reduced to tears with my sharp tongue haha!!!!
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 07:20:16 PM »
traced RĂ¼diger's first photos of 2007 on my main board and think they are worth to get uploaded:
enjoy:

Pamela
http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
http://www.glas-musterbuch.de

Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding of worldly things moves his soul.    (Alfred Lichtwark 1852 – 1914)

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 08:28:16 PM »
Hi Pamela here is a picture that I was sent which shows the main bowl,gnomes frog and also the central insert which has the holes for the flowers and a protrudng rock face type structure.we think there maybe would have been something that also fitted on top of that as there is a hole on top? Many thanks

Offline glasswipe

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 10:32:10 PM »
I hope this item will not just drop off the end of the page without an ID. It sure is a wonderful thing,nobody has got back to me about my suggestions for a maker earlier in this topic.I think I like the amber version best. Kay.

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 05:52:25 PM »
Hi everyone again
Just thought I would see if anyone had any more info on this unusual centrepiece?
I wondered if it was European regarding the theme of caverns and elves,I believe there is folklore tale about kobolds down the mines.
I wondered if this bowl was perhaps depicting that tale?
Has anyone a picture of possibly a green version?
Thanks all for your time and input.
Nige

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 08:21:51 PM »
Haven't seen this in any catalogues; however, I did once see an opalescent example (just the bowl & insert, no extra frog or other piece) - the opalescence & general feel were very similar to opalescent S. Reich pieces, so Reich would be my best guess for now.....

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 08:51:59 PM »
Hi
Wow! Thats amazing would have loved to have seen it in opalescence! bet it looked amazing! I actually like the thick oplaescence of Reich,I have also wondered if Riedel did oplaescent pieces as I have seen the common lady on rock lamp base in opalescent.
I have at the moment an opalescent Deco lady which has a thick oplaescence and did wonder if she was Reich?

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com