No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Broadfield House to Close  (Read 213015 times)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Broadfield House to Close
« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2009, 04:12:02 PM »
Quote from the consultants' web page:

Our insight has grown out of our skill at bringing together the needs of stakeholders with the needs of the marketplace now and with an eye on future trends. We aim for achievable and sustainable solutions.

So, although the consultants may well "work with musuems and heritage attractions" [quoted from Stourbridge News] presumably their "insight and skill" does not specifically need to include consideration of the needs of local businesses or the effects on country-wide or even world-wide heritage issues?
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flyboy90

• Members
« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2009, 07:07:33 PM »
I,ve heard that these consulants came in with the cheapest quote and they dont have a lot of experience so god help us cos it looks like a stitch up.
flyboy.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Janet H

• Members
« Reply #322 on: June 03, 2009, 08:04:37 PM »
Dear Friends,

I have just returned from the Dudley Council House, after presenting my questions to the select commitee. These were my questions;

1. There are concerns about the structural integrity of the red cone site, in particular movement of the red cone which could cause it to implode, and flooding of the tunnels underneath the red cone site.
Can you confirm that a full structural survey of the red cone site will be done, prior to moving the glass collection held at Broadfield House Glass Museum and the results will be made public?

2. Can you confirm that Miss Sally Orton is a trustee of the Red House Cone?

3. How much is the feasibility study costing the tax payer?

4. Regarding  the commitments made by Karen Shakespeare What are the arrangements that have been set in place for "engaging all of the organisations and groups who have shown their interest in the future of the
museum" and to ensure a "substantial amount of public consultation throughout the process"?

5. Regarding commitments made by Karen Shakespeare "One thing I can assure you of is that the details of whatever comes from this feasibility study will be in the public domain long before a final decision is made" What is the timescale of the decision making process when can we expect the report from the consultants to be in the public domain and how long afterwards will a final decision be made?

janet

Offline Janet H

• Members
« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2009, 08:18:24 PM »
Dear Friends,

I handed over the list of interested parties, to Duncan Lowndes myself in the meeting and the chair person also requested a copy. He said all interested parties will be contacted for a discussion about Broadfield House Glass Museum shortly.

The Save Our Glass Heritage Campaign has introduced themselves to Dudley Council!

Janet

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #324 on: June 04, 2009, 09:29:08 PM »
A very interesting article in the Birmingham Post.....

http://www.birminghampost.net/news/west-midlands-news/2009/06/04/dudley-council-wants-glass-collection-under-one-roof-65233-23788511/

Has anyone seen a copy of the press release from Dudley Council?

"The study will also inform the future development of the popular Red House Glass Cone and the display and management of the collections generally."..."This initial exercise will explore visitor markets, site opportunities within the leased and potentially leased buildings at the Red House Cone site and look at case studies of best practice elsewhere."

Those don't jump out as phrases written by an enquiring journalist, I'm afraid. That phraseology and jargon sounds to me very much like the worst kind of "bureaucrat babble" and I reckon they has been lifted directly out of the Dudley press release!
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #325 on: June 04, 2009, 10:30:30 PM »
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #326 on: June 09, 2009, 10:45:50 PM »
Over the last two days the closure story has made the front page of the Express and Star. The stories are not yet available in the online version but if anyone would like to see them please contact me or Adam A directly.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Janet H

• Members
« Reply #327 on: June 10, 2009, 07:07:38 PM »
Dear Friends,

We have made it in the express and star regional newspaper 3 days running! The Save Our Glass Heritage Press Conference has been scheduled Friday 12th June 2009 at 1:00pm.

Since the announcement of the consultants we will be showing the council we mean business! The council are still refusing to tell local residents what the feasability study will be costing the local tax payer.

Please have a look at Dunsley Hall which dates back to the 1200s.

Lenny Henry and Antiques Roadshow expert Henry Sandon back the campaign

Janet

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2009, 09:57:43 PM »
http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/4433791.Top_glass_designer_snubbed_by_council/

Dudley Cabinet members and Council executives continue declining to reply to letters from museum supporters......   
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Offline Janet H

• Members
« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2009, 08:29:20 PM »
Today we held a Save Our Glass Heritage Press Conference.

Below is a picture of Charles Hajdamach, Sue Hill, Janet Hendry, Graham Fisher MBE and Geoff Hill MBE outside Dunsley Hall, Kinver

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand