No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jobling posy  (Read 1182 times)

Offline uraniumsteve

• Members
Jobling posy
« on: May 24, 2010, 08:58:08 PM »
Also on the carboot this weekend I picked up this Jobling posy bowl complete with frog.

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Jobling posy
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 05:54:18 PM »
Lovely! I like these posies as the beads give such a nice refractive effect. It's also good to see it with a frog as these often go missing.

What size is it please? i used to have one of the big 10 inch diameter versions. it was an impressive item but really took up too much space...

Does yours have any marks (Regd. No. 800440 or Regn. Appld. For, etc.)? Have you tested it under blacklight? All my green examples have glowed, though I've heard that some don't. I believe the 6 inch (2595) may have continued to have been produced after the war, thus explaining the non-glowing versions.

Thanks,

Steven :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand