No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: New website on Molineaux & Webb  (Read 12244 times)

Offline neilh

• Members
Re: New website on Molineaux & Webb
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 08:55:17 PM »
Hi Bernard,

Very interested to see that image - I'm trying to gather images for each registration pattern and that is the first I've seen of their 20th century stuff. I'd like to expand the gallery on my site to a more general registrations with images section so if you are happy for me to use any MolWebb images let me know on here or just email them directly to the website contact address.

Pamela - I was alerted by Siegmar of Pressglas-Korrespondenz that one of these castle & rampart sets was up for auction on eBay Germany the other week. There were 10 pieces in the set I think, and they went for 360 Euros.

We had some exciting finds on the family history side this week with regard to our Manchester glass manufacturer links which I think will be of general interest. I will be cropping some photos in the next day or so and post a link when I've uploaded everything.

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 09:18:49 PM »
Neil

A couple of excellent quality pickle jars, the first one has a date lozenge on the lid and inside the base for the 7th June 1871 Percival and Vickers, while the 2nd one has a date lozenge for the 6th June 1876 Whittingham and Percival.

I have other pickle / lidded jars by Davidson and Sowerby and the quality of these 2 seems to be much better almost like cut glass. I will take some further pictures so you can have a choice for your web site, I will add a picture of the Molineaux salad bowl later

Roy

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 02:28:36 PM »
Neil

A picture of the large Molineaux salad bowl, it weighs 1.88 kg and measures 9.5" or 24 cm in diameter  I will also email you some more larger pictures.
The opalescent castle set looks great, a few years ago I bought  set of about 10 pieces but they have all since been sold, they also made pieces in complete circle and also heart shape

Roy

Offline davina

• Members
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 08:32:23 PM »
Im trying to contact someone on the Molineaux & webb website, the link isn't working. Does anyone have an email address ? thanks in advance.

Offline neilh

• Members
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 05:24:08 AM »
Yep, you got through to me on the email last night - I'll answer your question there but it definitely sounds like you are a descendant of Thomas Molineaux...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand