No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Cloudy Bottle  (Read 8010 times)

Offline Hotglass

• Members
Cloudy Bottle
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 10:44:43 AM »
Oh ! I am so pleased !
I have just seen your responses Sue and Nigel and I want to thank you both so much. I have been away and it has staken me quite a while to catch up with things here. This is a busy board !

I really had given up hope of attributing this piece to a maker and it has been bugging me for so long. I can't tell you how pleased I am to find out not just the maker but that this is how the piece was meant to be, in other words that the cloudyness was not an accident of some kind.

It's also good to know that you have greasy pieces too Sue. Sometimes with these things you feel as tho you're going crazy ...! Now that I know I have greasy company I feel a whole lot better !

Cheers and thanks again for your efforts to help.
This is a wonderful forum

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Cloudy Bottle
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 10:59:20 AM »
:D:D:D
It is indeed a wonderful forum, Ed. I have managed to learn as much about my glass as you have about yours, from this exchange! The comparisons of sizes, weights, patterns and greasiness has led to a "slick" diagnosis of both.
(I had wanted to put in a title of "the plot slickens" somewhere, but I forgot when I was posting the pictures!)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand