No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Green glass bottle / jug with a face on - Empoli - help!  (Read 1068 times)

Offline HANSELUNICORN

• Members
Green glass bottle / jug with a face on - Empoli - help!
« on: February 05, 2009, 06:37:07 PM »
Can anyone identify this bottle / jug - it stands 21cms tall from the front lip to the base - no marks but a nice unusual Scandinavian(?) piece.

Any help appreciated and thanks. (sorry if posted b4 but I can't find it!!)

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Green glass bottle / jug with a face on - help!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 07:58:08 PM »
That is quite typical for Empoli (Florence) glass; either by Vetreria Empoli or by Toso Bagnoli, circa 1960s.

Offline HANSELUNICORN

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 08:22:51 PM »
Thank you very much Ivo - would this have any value as I am a student - mum's loft find - ebayable?

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 09:18:36 PM »
Always a tricky question. Empoli is not rare, and I am not aware of any collectors driving the prices. So I'm inclined to say you will be disappointed by the result. But never say never of course....

Offline HANSELUNICORN

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 10:50:26 PM »
Ah well - NOT the equivalent of a lotto win then - still I think it's quite pretty so may put it on. Very many thanks for your time - what a wonderful site.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand