No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: FOREIGN VASE ID HELP. - ID = VEB  (Read 4687 times)

Offline PAUL H

• Members
    • GREAT RETRO GLASS
Re: FOREIGN VASE ID HELP.
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 08:37:17 PM »
Hi Pamela it is for sale.. please contact me via my website. Regards Paul
GREAT RETRO GLASS

Classic 20th Century Design

www.greatretroglass.com

Offline Chris Harrison

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 09:18:30 PM »
Hmmm

Sorry to rock the boat but, if it's purely a VEB Ankerglas stamp, then why is it on the other two pieces that I mentioned yesterday (Lausitzer "Florenz" and the Sachsenglas bowl?).  

I know that VEB Lausitz and VEB SG had identical designs in their catalogues (Lyon, Verona, Brilliant, amongst others).  Were their moulds also used by VEB Ankerglas?  Or did the 3 VEBs just sell each others' products under their own labels?  Perhaps a way of making it seem as though there was more DDR product than there actually was?

The circular FOREIGN stamp may have been something that was applied to DDR vases being exported to the West -- although W. German pottery in the post-WW2 period was also just marked Foreign to conceal the fact of their being German.

Offline Chris Harrison

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 09:24:09 PM »
...and I note that Pamela's Ankerglas Nova fish dish is also in the VEB Lausitzer 1969 catalogue   >:D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand