No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Some of the glass I bought on Holiday  (Read 4057 times)

Offline BJB

• Members
Some of the glass I bought on Holiday
« on: July 23, 2005, 03:24:25 PM »
Here is some of the lovely glass I bought in a flea market in Yorkshire on my holiday, and I would like some help with it please.

http://tinypic.com/99nh3a.jpg

This one is signed Karlin Rushbrook 8/1978 on the edge. I have googled them and found they are a well know glass maker, but I would really like to know, are they a MR. or a MS.
It is the most wonderful tactile piece, and I love the holes. :D

This one is IOW with the flame logo on the base, and I think Sue had a simlar one, but Mdina :?:

http://tinypic.com/99nhvn.jpg

but I can't find out the date or what the colourway is called,  I suppose its a vase, but you wouldn't get many flowers in the hole :cry:

The third piece is the most confusing, its a little dish by Gullaskruf, and is signed on the base, Gullaskruf-1991 and P.K ?? But I can't find the label it has in any book or web site, it is little and oval and says Gullaskruf Glasatelje Sweden.

http://tinypic.com/99nl1k.jpg

Is the 1991 the date or the pattern number of the dish/bowl? The red and green stripes are really lovely.

Have got some other pieces which I will post when they are unpacked.

Barbara

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 04:22:58 PM »
Karlin Rushbrook = he
to read more about him use search above for previous topic

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 07:36:59 PM »
:D Hi Barbara,
  This is Isle of Wight Studio Glass, which started in '72-3. They did not use the flame logo immediately, and they stopped using the flame logo in '82. I don't know the name of the colourway, there was a colourway known simply as pink and purple swirl, (see pic.4 in Ruth's thread "glass collection") but this has white in it too.
  I am currently waiting for a reply from Ron Wheeler about the exact naming of these pieces. He told me a vase I have in the same shape was a "fish" vase (because it looks like a tropical fish when you turn it sideways), whereas I thought these were lollipops, and that what are commonly known as "axeheads" are actually "fish" vases. I'm still confused! :?  I shall let you know when I find out! :D
  As for the hole being too small to get flowers in it, :roll::twisted::D   it's Art Glass! It's not meant to be definitely a functional piece! :D:D:D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline BJB

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 08:16:36 PM »
Hi,

many thanks for the replies. :)

Sue, I knew I had seen one of yours somewhere, and it was the same shape as mine. I think it must have been made with husbands in mind, just the one punny bloom :twisted:

Its nice to know Karlin Rushbrook is a man, he makes the most wonderful glass :lol:

Barbara

Offline Raoul Karlsson

• Members
    • http://www.gullaskruv.se
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 04:19:52 PM »
The third piece marked P.K = Peter Kuchinke. 1991 is the year. Peter started Gullaskruf Glasatelje in june 1990 in the old Gullaskrufs glassworks building, that closed down in 1983 (by Orrefors).
Collector of Gullaskruf.

Offline BJB

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 04:36:42 PM »
Hi Raoul,

Many thanks for the information, is the factory still open or has it been closed again?

Barbara

Offline Raoul Karlsson

• Members
    • http://www.gullaskruv.se
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 07:58:18 PM »
Quote from: "BJB"
Hi Raoul,

Many thanks for the information, is the factory still open or has it been closed again?

Barbara

No, the factory is closed again, for ever this time.
Collector of Gullaskruf.

Offline BJB

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 09:00:08 PM »
Hi Raoul,

When did it close for the last time?

I love my little dish, the lines inside are very unusual, I haven't seen anything else quite like it.

Barbara

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand