Author Topic: Id of glass vase signature,no pictures.  (Read 704 times)

Offline Ksluckymom

• Members
Id of glass vase signature,no pictures.
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:37:51 PM »
Apologies for no pictures,but I am computer challanged.  My late husband,as a 20 yr old in the US Airforce, visited Sweden in the spring of 1953 to find relatives.While in Stockholm he purchased two vases for a "few krona". One vase is easily identified as a Vicke Lindstrand Kosta vase with signature LH 1116. This is the Red Zebra vase.What a beautiful piece and I am so fortunate to own it.  The other clear vase has "Varuids Konstglas E.W??????/196" on the bottom.  I can find no information on this clear, deeply engraved vase. The engraving is of a tall, nude female by a flowering tree.The engraving is perfect and so detailed.  If any one has any information I would appreciate it. Thank you sincerely.In the meantime, I am delving into cameras and photography as it is so essential to use these boards.   Ard

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Id of glass vase signature,no pictures.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 08:03:57 PM »
Hi Ard

We do really need photo's of your item.  I've emailed you, so if I can help you in any way, just let me know.   :)

I am not a man

Offline Joschua

• Members
    • Schuerenberg Kunsthandel
Re: Id of glass vase signature,no pictures.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 05:58:23 PM »
I can help out on the already identified piece with a picture from my archive. From left to right: LH 1116 - LH 1114  :mrgreen:

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com
Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk