No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bjorn Weckstrom  (Read 3891 times)

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
Re: Bjorn Weckstrom
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 07:23:09 PM »
A fantastic piece  :mrgreen:
There's something similar on the National Museums of Scotland website, again '77, called Arabian Knight.
Yours looks more complex and has a pot belly ;D
There's also examples of the other ranges I mentioned on the site:

Link

robbo
robbo

Offline WDM

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 09:31:42 PM »
 Thanks Robbo,

I enjoyed seeing your items, I have seen pictures of the goblets but never the decanter. Are there any web pages that give values to his glass works? I'm just wondering if I over paid.

Bill.

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 10:03:07 PM »
Hi Bill,
I'd love to be able to answer your question but as far as I know there are no web pages that give specific values - as ever it's a case that things are worth what people are willing to pay. What I would say is that his art glass is not common. In the last 5 years or so on eBay I recall maybe 3 of the smaller sized foot goblets and a couple of decanters - none of the more substantial pieces like yours. In general Nuutajärvi art glass is sought after and fetches very good prices, whoever the designer.

robbo
robbo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand