No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Seguso Dalla Fish Ashtray  (Read 6406 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Seguso Dalla Fish Ashtray
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 06:43:54 AM »
The difference is probably just sun fading; gold labels tend toward silver in the sun

Offline Jurgen

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »
Hi all.........I checked my Mark Heiremans book Murano Gglass/Themes and Variations page 201 and his looks like a twin. Too bad his is a black and white photo! Both labels have the same amount of bumps or scallops around the outer edge. I only have one or two in red. For some reason, I remember seeing a red label larger and less bumps?!......................Jerry

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 01:51:10 PM »
I have a feeling that it is mechanical removal of the red for your bowls. I spoke about my silver Fratelli Toso label earlier. I gathered that the Fratelli Toso label was made with a silver label embossed so that the words are silver, then blue ink is applied to give the standard blue and silver label. If someone washes the blue off, the label looks like a silver label with raised silver letters. Maybe the Archimede Seguso has an embossed gold label, so if the red is removed, you are left with gold letters on gold.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 02:11:10 PM »
Jerry, I don't think your pestle and mortar is a pestle and mortar. I think is a lighter base with a stubber (for stubbing out cigarettes); these seem quite common in Murano glass

Offline Jurgen

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 01:04:54 PM »
I never thought of that!! Many, many thanks!.......And I do have some extra lighters.............Jerry

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 02:32:28 PM »
I have the exact same salts.  The labels are suppose to be red.

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=21&pictureid=1611

tam bam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand