No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano attribution Help Please !  (Read 1684 times)

Offline vintage treasures

• Members
Murano attribution Help Please !
« on: February 28, 2009, 08:14:58 PM »

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Murano attribution Help Please !
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »
Please make sure you do one item per posting, otherwise the moderators have a really bad time unraveling the answers afterwards. The ashtray is Nason & Moretti, no clue about the other ones - they all look Barbini to me.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 01:20:18 AM »
Vicki:

Some interesting and different pieces there. #1 is like a Murano geode bowl but with a foot applied, which makes me wonder. Could it be Czech? Bowl #2 is intriguing in that I haven't seen a Murano company do this stretched, quasi-ariel bubble effect before. It's usually associated with Orrefors, Leerdam, or Nuutajärvi, but not in these colours. #3 looks the most Murano-like to me, possibly Barbini.  Does #4 have some opalescence in it? It also could be Czech, although I'd lean towards Murano.

I'm being very tentative here, especially since Ivo says that they all look like Barbini to him. I'm replying more to get a discussion going than to suggest with any certainty. I'm interested to hear what others might say. It would be much easier if you split them up, though.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 04:26:28 AM »
Thanks for all your input.  I  will split the bowls up, and wait for some more discussion.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 09:32:32 AM »
Vicki

To split up your topics, you have to create a NEW post for each one, changing the title will not suffice as they will all be stacked up underneath your original posting.  I've split them out for you now so that each one has it's own thread.   :)

If you are a seller on Ebay, we always appreciate a 'Thank you to www.glassmessages.com' tag on your listings if we have been of assistance.  Thanks!

I am not a man

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 02:07:27 PM »
Thanks for all your help !   You guys are great on this board, and I will remember , if I list the bowls.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 07:10:06 PM »
The duck and the ashtray still need splitting out, but none of the items looks as if they will have a bright green uranium glow under a UV light, rather maybe the dull glow of manganese

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 08:07:29 PM »
It would be hard to attribute the duck. I've seen many like this with different decorations, but none have been attributed. I would put it in the generic category.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 08:23:59 AM »
Hi,
i think that a right classification for these items can be "generic murano glass", due to a realistic attribution would be pratically impossible (too many people made similar items).

Sincerely

Alex

www.artofvenice.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand