No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass bowl 'Kosta 80-9 Sig.P' - ID Sigurd Persson  (Read 2671 times)

Offline paintpony

• Members
Glass bowl 'Kosta 80-9 Sig.P' - ID Sigurd Persson
« on: March 03, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
Hi there,

I am new to this forum and an absolute novice to all things glass so apologies for my lack of knowledge.

I have items which I have had in my possession for many years which I am interested in moving on....

Kosta glass bowl engraved on the base with 'Kosta 80-9 Sig.P.'  The bowl measures approx. 18cm diameter at the widest point and approx 14cm in height.  It is a very beautiful object in a soft clear blue base with deeper blue alternate lines and crosses winding up to the top of the bowl.  Towards the top of the bowl the darker blue lines/crosses have a soft pink surround.

My questions are:
Does anyone know who the Kosta artist 'Sig.P.' is?
What is the estimated value of this item?

I look forward to your expert opinions and to chatting with one and all!

Kind regards,
Leanne

Offline alexander

• Members
Re: Glass bowl 'Kosta 80-9 Sig.P' & Archimede Seguso Lamp Base
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 02:01:46 PM »
The Kosta bowl is by Sigurd Persson.

Valuations are notoriously tricky, a search of completed and ongoing auctions on eBay may give an indication of eBay value,
though that is often less than auction house prices.
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Offline paintpony

• Members
Re: Glass bowl 'Kosta 80-9 Sig.P' & Archimede Seguso Lamp Base
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 09:55:45 AM »
Hello there Alexander,

Many thanks for the information.  I had tried Google searches in an attempt to locate the artist of the Kosta bowl with no success so providing th artist's name is very much appreciated!!

Thanks once again!!

Leanne

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Glass bowl 'Kosta 80-9 Sig.P' - ID Sigurd Persson
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 10:13:18 AM »
Topic tidied up, all reference to Murano lampbase removed as new topic started and no identification given here.   :) :)

I am not a man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand