No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Leaf dish  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Leni

• Members
Leaf dish
« on: September 19, 2005, 07:57:30 AM »
Guess what?  We went to the Cambridge Glass Fair - and I didn't buy anything!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  But husband did!   :D  :D  :D  He is becoming a real 'Glassaholic', too  :lol:

He bought himself a paperweight and this little leaf dish.  http://tinypic.com/dvfzhi.jpg  http://tinypic.com/dvfzw1.jpg We were quite 'taken' with it because of the snipped edges    :D

Interestingly, I have a crown paperweight in identical colours!   :shock:

Leni
Leni

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Leaf dish
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 08:56:49 AM »
Good for hubby!   :D  :D   It's a very nice Venetian (I assume) dish - the snipped edges are unusual, aren't they?  Looks like Jonathon is going for pink too...  :shock:  :wink:  :D  :D

Where's your paperweight/marble?  Are you going to post a pic of it?  I'd love to see it - can you do a macro shot and show the detail?  :D  :D
I am not a man

Offline David555

• Members
Leaf dish
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 10:09:27 PM »
Hi

This is Italian - it is similar to two pieces I posted a week ago and have had no posts to :cry:

Called latticino dishes or latticino trinket dishes they have been made for 150 years but your one like mine are perhaps nearer 1950 - 60s or even later

I have seen the serrated edge a few times, but only more recently which makes me believe that this form of decoration is a more modern trend - they have started turning up at my local dealers in bundles in the last few months

They come in all shapes including small bowls - I have not seen a label yet - they seem to have a broken or dotted pontil

Are they a modern take on the latticino dishes I have or are they indeed contemporary?

Having had no feedback on my thread I hope you have more success as it will help us both perhaps in terms of manufacturer ID

Adam D555 :twisted:  :twisted:
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand