No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: General Question Re: Walther Glass (Germany)  (Read 13213 times)

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
Re: General Question Re: Walther Glass (Germany)
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 10:09:01 AM »
Hi again Nigel

I think the Mainz comport is using the Essen bowl as the top piece, whether of not the bowl has a peg on the base, I haven;t got a clue. I have 2 Essen bowls with matching Schwalben / lovebirds.....but unfortunately I'm missing the blue large flower frog....My blue schwalben figure is currently sitting on the green large flower frog instead till I find the blue one  :)

As far as I'm concerned there are at least 2 collectors who owned the Paradies comport in Australia with correct pelican bowl. Both of these 2 pieces are in green / uranium colour. I have not seen the bowl in blue and pink as to date. I'm currently using the Berlin bowl to fit on it - still looking for the pink and blue pelican bowls myself :)

regards,
Brenton

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 10:33:14 AM »
Hi again
As you have done I too have the Berlin bowls on top of the Paradies comport base.Not sure myself if the Mainz has a peg or not will have to keep my eye out.I only have the amber and pink Schwalben,the pink in a pink Neptun bowl and amber in a Diane bowl.Im going to a big fair at the end of the month so fingers crossed if i find anything.
I have some float bowls coming my way to marry up with some figures I have so that will be good.Im waiting for a green Orla float bowl to arrive then that set will be complete.
I have some surplus bits put to one side such as Muschel shells,float bowls waiting for pieces to marry up to.
Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 10:38:13 AM »
Hi Nigel

Back to my question as per above. Do you think the stripe tunic peter pan figure and the flatter version waterlily float bowl are genuine Walther pieces? In the 1936's catalogue, it only showed the plain version peter pan and a deeper waterlily bowl. Any comment is much appreciated.

Cheers
Brenton

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 10:45:14 AM »
Hi Brenton
I would think they are Walther as the colours with the Striped tunic are so much like the other colours of their pieces.Though my green peter pan is a very deep Uranium green so I think they may have had different shades? I have never come across the flatter version of the waterlily bowl until you mentioned it,how strange! I have the green and blue bowls and they are the deeper versions.
Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand