No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Roberto Moretti -Pilgram Glass  (Read 2028 times)

Offline buckeye62

• Members
Roberto Moretti -Pilgram Glass
« on: March 19, 2009, 02:53:07 AM »

Hi, can anyone help me to learn more about a piece I have been given?  It is about 14 to 16 inch Madonna, clear with an opaque center.  It is signed Roberto Moretti and by using Google I see he worked for Pilgram, this is a very elegant and beautiful piece.  Does anyone know anything about this piece or point me in the right direction.  I do know that there was an article about the artist and this piece but the family did not know anything about the article. 

This came from Huntington, WV, near Pilgram Glass.  I don't know if this was actually something made at Pilgram or freelanced by the artist.  Thanks for any information you may be able to offer.

Dwayne

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Roberto Moretti -Pilgram Glass
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 06:30:21 AM »
Roberto and Alessandro Moretti were two brothers from the famous and highly respected Moretti family in Murano, Italy, who brought their glass artistry to the US. Roberto lived in West Virgina for many years and worked at Pilgrim Glass. Roberto; died in 1986 & Alessandro in 1998. Alessandro has an entire website dedicated to him by his family along with a way to contact them. They may be able to answer your questions. I have seen the Moretti Pilgrim Madonna in a mall near me…I believ it was 4-5 years ago, it was about 15” in height with a blue & red stripe incased in the Madonna as a background. Ken

http://www.morettiglas.20fr.com/index.html

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand