No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Just a quickie!! Holmegaard decanter stopper  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Gill

• Members
Just a quickie!! Holmegaard decanter stopper
« on: March 20, 2009, 12:07:45 PM »
Hello, picked up a Holmegaard Glug Glug, or whatever they're called, decanter, thing is, the stopper is metal with a hoop going through it.  Thinking about it I've never seen one of these decanters with metal stopper before, it does however look very much like the metal stoppers in the Christmas decanters that I've seen.  Wrong Stopper? Or is it the wrong stopper and Holmegaard anyway?  Actually it looks quite good. Any views appreciated, can post some pics if need be, all the best, Gill

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Just a quickie!! Holmegaard decanter stopper
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 12:31:17 PM »
Photos will definitely be needed - a few different companies, apart from HG, made those types of decanters.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 03:41:09 PM »
HG did do a klukflaske with a cork/metal stopper - but it was a very specific shape of bottle. So as Pip said, it really needs a photograph.

Offline Gill

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 05:43:53 PM »
Thanks very much both of you, definately holmegaard unless the sticker is wrong too (stranger things have been known)  I will put a picture on in the next few days, cheers, Gill

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 06:23:09 PM »
This is the only klukbottle (that I know of) that should have a cork/metal stopper. It should be 213mm / 8 inches tall.

Offline Gill

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 11:37:27 PM »
Thanks! That was quick work, just what I'd expect from your part of the world! Dashed off to get tape measure and yes, it does measure 8 inches and the picture looks right, will get a photo on over the weekend though. Have to say, the stopper fits very well too. Have a great weekend, Gill :fwr:

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 11:58:36 AM »
Yup - looks spot-on to me. Excellent find!

Let me know if you ever intend on selling it, as I've not got an example of this shape in my photo archive.

Offline Gill

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »
Thankyou Nic, I'd be very happy to take some proper pics for you, neutral background etc as I did with the Atlantis vases a year or so back.  As for selling, yes, but not sure when, kind of stock piling scandinavian stuff at the moment, don't know if this is a good idea or not, have no idea of value at present, will let you know though.  Another idea is that as I recall from Atlantis vase discussions, you live just round the corner from my Mum, could drop it off when I'm up there for you to take pics maybe. Many thanks again for help, Gill

Offline Gill

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 07:07:27 PM »
Hope I wasn't a bit over familiar there, didn't mean to sound like a stalker :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand