Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Art Deco style glass light fitting with optical effect Sklo?

(1/1)

sueglass:
Hi all, having a rummage and found this. When held up to the light it has an optical effect so am wondering now whether this might be Sklo the width is 27cm. Any ideas anyone. Thanks, Sue

Anne:
Sue, can I just flag something up for clarity please... Sklo simply means Glass in Czech, so the fast answer is yes it's sklo (glass) - if (as I'm guessing) you're meaning is it Sklo Union (i.e. made by one of the Czech companies under the SU umbrella) then calling it simply Sklo isn't correct. Hope this helps. :)

Having said that, I can't see anything particular which would make me think this is Czech made (although others may know better).  Out of interest, why would you suspect Czech?

sueglass:
Sorry Anne I wasn't very clear. Just thought there was a possibility it could be Czech because of the similarity in shape to the optic ball vase and also the optical effect when you look through it. Sue.

Lustrousstone:
The diamond optic effect is not uncommon so the shade could be from many places

sueglass:
Thanks Christine. I have had this for ages and for finacial reasons have to let a lot go and when I looked at it I thought Hmmm maybe. It is probably just an old Art Deco light fitting and that's it. Thanks for the replies anyway. Sue

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version