No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dartington Bowl with Sticker but what Pattern = Etoile  (Read 1747 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Dartington Bowl with Sticker but what Pattern = Etoile
« on: March 06, 2012, 11:44:16 AM »
Hi all, I'm going crazy looking at thousands of pictures and dozens of different sites. I cant find this shape in Dartington at all. It has the sticker but is it just to mislead ?? I have seen Daisy, Palm, Hollywood and Lotus and  similar styles but not this one  :spls: It is 28cm from tip to tip and 14.5cm high with the sticker on.
Pete. :-)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Dartington Bowl with Sticker but what Pattern
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »
Looks an odd place for a sticker and like one that's been removed and restuck.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
That is a later label, not sure when it dates from but possibly late 80s or 90s.

You could contact Dartington Crystal and ask them if the bowl is one of theirs: http://www.dartington.co.uk/contacts

John

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 08:33:58 PM »
I will write to them and see what's what. It feels and sounds like a nice piece of crystal and I have 4 Dartington daisy dishes that have the same feel. I saw the sticker on a site but a sticker on a piece of glass only means it's the first place to look. Will let you know what they say. Thanks all  :thup: Pete

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: Dartington Bowl with Sticker but what Pattern (Solved) !!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 08:47:38 PM »
Got an answer from Dartington today. Quick reply and the right info as well. Its nice to know the bigger companies take the time to answer ;D

Thank you for your enquiry. The bowl was designed by our still Head of Design Hilary Green and was the Etoile Large Bowl. It was manufactured in 1993 and was in the range for a couple of years and a small bowl was also included

bfg

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 09:21:08 PM »
Great result, thanks for posting. Mel

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: Dartington Bowl with Sticker but what Pattern = Etoile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
I'm checking out Etoile range online and I'm seeing that they are listed as designed by Frank Thrower and of a different style ???

http://www.aprettypenny.co.uk/index.php?productID=635

I thought this was done and dusted  :cry: I dont want to write to Dartington and say 'your wrong' if they are right and the other items online have been incorrectly attributed.
Any suggestions people ???

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:12:53 PM »
That particular bowl was designed by Frank Thrower. Many of the ranges have been added to or modified by others since he died. Your answer was correct; your bowl was designed by Hilary Green

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 01:25:48 PM »
Welcome Back GMB, I have missed you all ;D  Its safe for me to list this as suggested then. I better list it soon, every time I walk past it, a lot, its gets a ping  ;D  Very satisfying I'm sure all you pingers will agree. Thanks Lustrousstone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand