No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monster bowl on a black plinth/stand ID = Century Glass  (Read 7740 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Monster bowl on a black plinth/stand ID = Century Glass
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2005, 02:37:43 PM »
Quote from: Max
I think I might have found Anne's bowl:

<photo edited out until permission granted>

Mould 450, 16th September, 1950.

I recently came across an article about Century Glass, who were based in Edmonton, London.  I was only really skimming it until I saw this pic (above) and thought 'Hmm...I recognise that...'   :D

'Century Glass was a previously unknown Glasshouse, until a ledger was donated to the Shipley Art Gallery in Gateshead.  The spine was labelled Century Glass, and from the Pottery Gazette Reference book of 1956, this was identified as the trade name of the Century Glassworks Ltd. based at the Angel Factory Colony, Angel Road, Edmonton'.

I do have more information, but feel unsure about whether I can crib someones article onto this forum.   :?

WOW -  Well done Max! :lol:  Just got back from Falmouth, so what a nice surprise :P   Just about to unpack :?  (how sad is that ... the first, nay, second thing I do, after making a cuppa - is to catch up on the GMB :roll: )  Will get back and digest your findings.
Anne E.B. :lol:
Anne E.B

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Re: Monster bowl on a black plinth/stand ID = Century Glass
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 09:57:22 PM »
The image has disappeared, so here it is again.
Anne E.B

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum