No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: unique source for W/Fs 'tricorn' vase.  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
unique source for W/Fs 'tricorn' vase.
« on: March 05, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »
This has to be the most unusual source for a piece of W/Fs.          In the course of walking to a few charity shops - along one of the busiest trunk roads in and out of London - I found this on the pavement in a lorry layby, opposite a very busy cafe.!!
I've had them in red, blue, green and an amber/gold before but never seen one in pewter - which is what I assume this is (correct me if I'm wrong please).               Height is about 9.75" - 250mm, and it does have the flattened central area to the base, with a ground/polished pontil depression, and in view of its surroundings in surprisingly in good condition.              Is this a less common colour for a 'tricorn' vase, or have I just not been seeing them??
I shall return next week and am expecting to find banjo and hooped vases ;) ;)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: unique source for W/Fs 'tricorn' vase.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
So thats where i left it!!!!!!  ???

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 01:48:03 PM »
caught out at last jp  -  at heart I always knew there was a large German lorry driver called Jennifer lurking behind those two simple letters ;) ;)
Don't think you'd want to be seen in that layby  -  some very dodgy things get left on the ground. :-X.....I've washed this one two hundred times already. ;)
The more I think about it the more this find seems unbelievable, but I can assure you this is no wind up.           

I had a couple of red ones the other week that I bought in one charity shop and then promptly gave them to another which managed to sell them for double the price of the first shop...........buy in a less affluent town, and then flog them where the carpets are thick and the teacups thin, as someone once said.    I did once have an amber/gold one, and regretted parting with it  -  but it's no good thinking you can keep everything (but sometimes I do try).

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 01:53:17 PM »
You spend a lot of time in that lay by Paul with Jennifer i recall you mentioning him/her before a while back , is that right he/she calls you the shabby chique chick... always skint but enough for a bint  .?  :-X ;)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 05:49:53 PM »
the poet that doesn't know it eh!!           chance would be a fine thing at my age (49) - but I'm always open to suggestions - shabby or not ;) ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand