No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: murano ducks?  (Read 1805 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
murano ducks?
« on: April 01, 2009, 04:42:35 PM »
My nana has a lovely pair of murano ducks i know as the stickers are under the bases does anyone know what kind of value i may get on ebay for a pair there 13" high?

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: murano ducks?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 04:58:15 PM »
Hi. Your duck is a swan. The value of the pair depends on what sticker is on the bottom. The form of the swan that you showed is one of the standard poses, so it can be difficult to attribute without seeing the label. Could you take a picture of the label for us?
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 05:16:33 PM »
Hi sorry should have put in murano glasss, the sticker is red and silver im unable with this cam to photgraph sufficient quality photos the label reads hand made genuine,venetian glass made in murano italy with a red diagonal line accross it with the words vetro artistico veneziano.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:53:19 PM »
The label is one used with fair to good quality Murano glass. It is a generic label, so doesn't provide any information about the company making the swans. Your swans are large and will still be desirable to some people. If you are putting on eBay, the market will determine the value for them. It is a difficult place to sell right now, though, so it is good to start at a price that is high enough to make you comfortable. It would be a shame to let them go for too little. You can get an idea of their value by checking out swans and ducks of similar size on eBay. The prices are probably very variable.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 08:09:43 PM »
Great tx silver, Ive found murano labels on here i never knew murano glass was such a vast collectors field i thought they were nicely done and so imagined they might be quite saleable, May leave it a while untill things improve a little if its a little slow on the more general  collectables at the moment thankyou for helping with there provenance a little more cheers.

Offline soledivo

• sir. or lord. your higness would be nice
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »
i have one of these swans in black, as Anita said, my label is generic.
The thing that really surprised me was that the head is not stuck to the body where it touches.
I hope i described that OK, I did the kind of daft thing thats typical of me and discovered the head moved against the body, i had just assumed the way it is formed the head would be attached to the body to strengthen the neck   :chky:
martin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand