No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: CZECH VASE MAYBE? - ID = Pizzicato by Hana Machovská for Mstisov  (Read 2312 times)

Offline PAUL H

• Members
    • GREAT RETRO GLASS
Hi everyone I'm hoping this is a Czech vase it is very nice quality and hand made does anyone recognize the design and/or maker?
Its predominately amber in colour but has blue straps and prunts/blobs? applied that contain uncontrolled bubbles its base is flat polished
and has base wear. Its height is 263mm and weighs a hefty 2050g, It seems very well done any ideas? Thanks Paul.
GREAT RETRO GLASS

Classic 20th Century Design

www.greatretroglass.com

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: CZECH VASE MAYBE?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 04:47:47 PM »
Collection "Pizzicato", design Hana Machovská for Mstisov Glassworks, Czechoslovakia, cca 1959, pattern no 53530/24
Jindrich

Offline PAUL H

• Members
    • GREAT RETRO GLASS
Re: CZECH VASE MAYBE?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:25:30 PM »
Jindrich.. thank you this is not the first time you have helped me out, I'm so pleased that the vase has been regognised
it was sold to me as Murano but I had my suspisions and was hoping it was of Czech origin so I'm well pleased. Paul
GREAT RETRO GLASS

Classic 20th Century Design

www.greatretroglass.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand