No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: american iridescent vase? Or ... Kralik? ID = Kralik  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Mac

• Members
    • Canada
    • Bohemian Glass Collector
Re: american iridescent vase? Or ... Kralik?
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 02:15:34 AM »
I have 2 vases like this which I have attributed to Kralik with the help of Alfredo and Craig. You can see them here on my blog:
http://bohemianglasscollector.blogspot.com/search/label/Kralik.

Mac

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 07:06:49 AM »
Thanks so very much to everyone :sun:
Kevin, now Mac has posted one of the taller ones which started this thread, positively id'd as Kralik, then yes I would think that means there was an error in the Manley Book.
I don't know anything about Manley as I don't have the book - Could his attribution be based on assumption rather than a definitive pattern book or similar?  Acccording to Paul there is a Kralik basket in there attributed to Richardsons which has also been definitely id as Kralik. 
m

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 10:34:55 AM »
There are a lot of errors in Manley; things have moved on immensely since he wrote his book. He made assumptions on the basis of the current knowledge at the time. (The book is worth having for a dribble over Victorian glass)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 10:53:26 AM »
Christine, I don't have that many books but a few I do have are quite old and occasionally I look at them and think ah...I know what that is.  But I  love to have them as they have great pics in particularly of antique glass and Roman or Early Chinese glass or glass I dont collect.   fingers crossed I'll find an affordable copy at some point.
m

Offline ju1i3

• Members
    • London
    • Hyacinth Vases
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 05:55:13 AM »
Julie

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 03:09:28 AM »
I would agree it is a Kralik piece in Mother of Pearl....  The seller in the ebay listing is a member of the board......

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand