Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Paperweights

Salvador Ysart concentric

(1/1)

tropdevin:

I would happily believe that this weight was made by Salvador, but the advert suggests it might have been made by Paul. Does anyone know whether he used these canes?

Alan

mjr:
Im with you alan.  Quite happy to go for a Salavator.  No way Paul.   The other weight that this seller has which he also says is Salvator is a little bit to Vasartish - as we know vasart weights have similar canes to the nes salvatore used.

cfosterk:
nice concentric but isn't that asking price very steep for a straightforward weight??

KevinH:
I have sent the following to the seller:
--- Quote ---Could you please say why you think this (and the other paperweight attributed to Salvador Ysart) would be fromn the 1930s. I am always interested to learn of any information that could help to prove any paperweights made by Salvador Ysart in the pre-way years.

I currently believe it is more likely that this and the other paperweight were made in the Ysart Brothers period of 1946 to 1955. Possibly by Salvador but perhaps by any other of the workers in those years.
--- End quote ---

I am thinking of producing a couple of articles for the PCC Newsletter (and maybe a later extended version in my web page, if the photos end up in the 100s rather than just a couple of dozen) based on an analysis of canes from several weights that have a good number of so-called "Salvador" canes.

tropdevin:
Hi Kev

Looking forward to the articles!

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version